Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: vBET isue with Google API

Banned

Default vBET isue with Google API

Hello there, I am an admin of one site which runs free version of vBET2.3.8 recently the site was blocked by Google. I've contacted them about this issue and they told me that i need to add the userip parameter to supply the IP address of the end-user on whose behalf the server is making the API request if I want them to unblock me.

I would like your help on this issue as I really need to fix this, if you cant make the actual changes at least guide me to the right direction so I could make the changes myself as I have somewhat limited php programing ability.

MichaƂ Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

I already have solution for it for some time. I didn't made release in free version because as I know userip is only advised not obligatory. I do not have time to made release now, so please follow this instructions:

1. open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php
    2. find function vbet_getTranslationURL($from,$to)
    3. replace whole function (not only this line) by:
    Code:
      function vbet_getTranslationURL($from,$to) {
        global $vbulletin;

if ($vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_googleapikey']) {
          return 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&format=html&langpair='.$from.'|'.$to.'&key='.$vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_googleapikey'].'&userip='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];    
        } else {
          return 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&format=html&langpair='.$from.'|'.$to.'&userip='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
        }  
      }
    After that contact Google. I see that we will have to release 2.3.x soon (all other versions already have it included as I remember). No time today - but probably will be released tomorrow if you do not want to made changes yourself