Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: Where do you place your flags for guests?

Default Where do you place your flags for guests?

Where do most people here place their flags for guests? Does the position really matter?

We currently have ours in the footer here:

Teen Forums >> Teen Help | Teen Advice & Support Forums | Teen Chat <<

but were thinking of moving it to the header or below our guest welcome message.

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

In my opinion position do matter. It is same like with advertisement - when it is hidden somewhere at the bottom, most people will not ever see it...

Robots of course will see it all. I do not know does robots makes any priorities according to link position.

Thats what I have been thinking, I would like to place the flags high for guest users so they know the forum will translate but I dont want the search engines prioritising the flags as our main content or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Thats what I have been thinking, I would like to place the flags high for guest users so they know the forum will translate but I dont want the search engines prioritising the flags as our main content or something like that
    You can do that by putting all translated URL's in your sitemap with lower priority

How do I add translated URLs to the vbseo sitemap and have them on low priority?

We didn't investigate this yet. And it seems that in nearest future we have other priorities.
    You can ask vBSEO staff - sitemap generator it is their product and actual integration solution is given by them.