Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: Untranslated title in forumhome

Default Untranslated title in forumhome

Hi all, i've noticed that in forumhome the title of threads are not translated (if you look now at Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion - Excel VBA Programming - Access Programming scroll down to Introductions forum you will see one that starts "Hola...." in forumdisplay it shows as "Hello...." which is fine) is it a bug or have i mssed something when upgrading or in vbseo or .htaccess?

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

As I see your titles are translated. About this one it also changes URL between translations. I see that on your forum main page and in subforum it displays little different title - I suppose it is because title in forum home are cut. Does this title is wrapped in langtitle bbcode? (you can check it by going to advanced edition.

Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    As I see your titles are translated. About this one it also changes URL between translations. I see that on your forum main page and in subforum it displays little different title - I suppose it is because title in forum home are cut. Does this title is wrapped in langtitle bbcode? (you can check it by going to advanced edition.
    Yes, if i view the post in advanced edit mode it has this [langtitle=es]HOLA A TODOS[/langtitle], as you can see it's not a long title so i do not know why it should be truncated and then display untranslated?

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

i will try to reproduce it on my test forum

Ok look forward to hearing from you

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Lloyd View Post
    Yes, if i view the post in advanced edit mode it has this HELLO TO ALL, as you can see it's not a long title so i do not know why it should be truncated and then display untranslated?
    Ok - so as I see it now, there is no any issue. It is long title including BBCODE. So you have it truncated by vBulletin (as you can see you have dots there, so it was truncated). vBET has special code which finds titles with cut langtitle - if such found then end of langtitle BBCODE is added and title is translated. That is why when you are on forum page you see it as it should be - noting was cut so whole title was translated. And when you are on forum main page seeing it as last post then it is cut by vBulletin, vBET handles it and translates cut title - that is why you have other translation results (something else was translated). Everything is fine.

And as I remember it is translated on your forum. I was there and saw this - the issue was that other translation results was on forum main page and in sub-forum page.

If you want to avoid your title being cut by vBulletin, then please go to your Admin CP and configure vBulletin parameter responsible for this (Last Thread Title Maximum Displayed Characters).

Please tell did it help and do you need any future assistance here
    Last edited by vBET; 29-06-11 at 18:06.