PDA

View Full Version : Already done Special Notice

VGF
18-04-10, 16:36
I haven't even installed the plugin yet, but I thought of something already..

A 'Special Notice' that is optional to enable with all other languages on the forum...except for the primary language of the forum.

Maybe something like "Our forums were originally designed for an English audience. So if translations are not a 100% accurate in your language , we apologize for this inconvenience. "

This way people will know beforehand if things don't sound a 100% accurate when viewing the forum...

Also, they wont think that everyone posting on that forum is illiterate. lol :)

bhanuprasad1981
18-04-10, 19:28
i think this can be done by vbulletins default notice system :)

VGF
18-04-10, 22:48
i think this can be done by vbulletins default notice system :)

Yea, but how to mention it only with the other languages and not the main language ?

vBET
18-04-10, 23:00
It was already requested to add such possibility for vBET notices system. Do not remember the status - accepted or in consideration...

At this moment you can do it putting this notice manually in appropriate template, inside of condition:

<vb:if condition="$_REQUEST['language']">
THIS IS VISIBLE ONLY ON TRANSLATED PAGES
</vb:if>

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.10.1 gives automatic translations