Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: indexed still going down for this week

Sitemap stats
    Total URLs: 1,030,240
    Indexed URLs: 21,709

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badawidollah View Post
    i change some subforum too.
    maybe thats the problem too
    This can be a reason because old links do not exist anymore. Please note that what you see in webmaster tools is NOT how many pages you have indexed. It only tells you how many URLs from your sitemap is in index. As you know you have indexed much more pages (some are not in sitemap). So if URL changes in sitemap (like after subforum change) then it is not indexed yet under this URL (it can still be under old one) and webmaster tool will show you less indexed URLs. Because it does NOT shows all indexed URLs, but how many URLs from sitemap is indexed. You can see all by making advanced query in Google.

If you have 301 redirect from old links to new ones then those shouldn't be removed from index - just re-indexed. Of course until it will be re-indexed webmaster tool will show you less URLs.

Please note that such Google changes can be also not related at all with your actions - it can be caused by Google server farms replications, algorithm changes and Google only knows what else. Of course it is always good to keep hand on pulse and check does it is not related to our actions so you could react on such cases.
    Last edited by vBET; 11-04-10 at 15:04.

i put in robots.txt a minute ago
    Please note that this will remove blocked content from index. Because it is not relevant content it will be good for your SEO (trash out of index = more valuable content in index).

Sitemap stats
    Total URLs: 1,030,240
    Indexed URLs: 21,709
    Does Google shows you errors in sitemap?

Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    Does Google shows you errors in sitemap?
    yes
    they said redirect pages

i got this too

Results 1 - 10 of about 87,100 from Please Choose Your Languages Bel. (0.34 seconds)

before i got 236,000
    and still going down too

i hope this is will ok in 2-3 month.
    i changed about 50% subforum name.
    Last edited by badawidollah; 11-04-10 at 15:42.

yes
    they said redirect pages

i got this too

Results 1 - 10 of about 87,100 from Please Choose Your Languages Bel. (0.34 seconds)

before i got 236,000
    and still going down too
    You can be calm about redirects in sitemap. Google advices to put there only final URLs, but still know how to handle redirects and still indexes final URL (those after redirect). At this moment we do not put translated URLs into sitemap only add language code, because of performance reasons. Translation of each URL in each language in one moment during sitemap generation would be too expensive. Anyway we will think about some solution in this area.

i hope this is will ok in 2-3 month.
    i changed about 50% subforum name.
    So this definitively can be the reason. Still it shouldn't if you really have 301 redirect from old to new one, but what really happens on Google side is mystery.

Still remember that you added some new content to robots.txt - so those blocked URLs will and SHOULD disappear from index.

URLs not followed
    When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.
    HTTP Error: 301
    URL: Go to URLhttp://www.nusantaraku.org/forum/en/85735-post1.html
    Problem detected on: Apr 11, 2010

I see 2 issues there:
    1. Your link looks strange - are you sure that you made integration with Sitemap Generator appropriately?
    2. I see that you have there double redirect (301 redirect twice - one after another). Please integrate vBSEO appropriately - see here for details about vBSEO integration changes: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...ents-beta.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast